by Kimberly Wade
Think Kentucky Derby. Veuve Cliqcuot. Shopping. Mother’s Day. Adorable, four-legged, fluffy dogs and cats. Brunch. A photo booth. Plenty of pink, orange, green and gold. Spring. Charity. All of this sums up our first big fundraising event of the year, our third annual Heels & Hounds, and you don’t want to miss it!
I can’t believe it’s already April and that Heels & Hounds is here again but we are so excited to kick off Spring with a bang—especially given the recent weather hasn’t felt very Spring like! Our event will fill you with all of the warm fuzzies—bright colors, fun-filled festivities, lively and friendly community go-getters and of course, animals. Because after all, that’s why we host events and raise awareness—because the animals need you.
Heels & Hounds is our annual champagne brunch and fashion show, happening in one week, on Sunday, April 9, at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Tickets aren’t available at the door, so be sure to get yours now by calling 775-856-2000 ext. 320 or visiting our website, www.nevadahumanesociety.org. Just a few of the festivities that you’ll enjoy include:
- Dozens of boutique vendors with of one-of-a-kind gifts for people and pets—just in time for Mother’s Day too!
- A Bubbles & Bling Champagne raffle, where you can buy a glass of Veuve Clicquot and one lucky glass will win a pair of $2,500 Diamond earrings, courtesy of Goldilocks Jewelry and Coin!
- The Key to The Couture Closet raffle, a fabulous gem of over $4,000 worth of prizes, with everything from a style makeover to health and wellness packages, beauty and fashion gifts, jewelry and a shopping spree valued at $500 by Dillard’s!
- A silent auction with over 75 cool items for people of all lifestyles
- A fashion show with local celebrities and pets
- Unlimited champagne, brunch and even more sweet treats
- Pets, pets and more pets!
Tickets are going fast and at $75 each they’re a steal for what we know is going to be the best “Sunday Funday” ever. Not to mention, all of this comes back to benefit our homeless pets at Nevada Humane Society.
Last year we saw over 17,000 animals come through our shelter for some form of help. While most of those were homeless pets, others were animals who needed vaccines, spay or neuter services, behavior help and more. Through it all, we saved over 95% of the animals in both Reno and Carson City. That’s lifesaving, folks. That’s making a big impact on local communities as well as those smaller ones around us. And all of this is done thanks to your support, your donations.
So if you’re thinking about going out next Sunday, April 9, maybe it should be for Heels & Hounds. After all, you’ll get a wonderful day with family and friends all for a good cause—because everything we raise for Heels & Hounds helps us cover the cost of animal care—it helps us save lives.
Tickets are not available at the door and last call is by tomorrow, Thursday, April 6, so get yours now either by phone at 775-856-2000 ext. 320 or online. We hope to see you there!